Saturday, July 5, 2014

High Tea

The Talking Teacup

My mom, sister and I have been going to The Talking Teacup for almost ten years now! The Talking Teacup is a tea room in a 250 year old farmhouse, located in Chalfont, PA. This full service tea room provides the coziness of a country style living room with homemade, comfort food. We usually come here to celebrate birthdays or just to have a girls’ day out.

My family always comes for lunch time for their High Tea. The High Tea includes: scones with preserves and Devonshire cream, a cup of soup or salad, assorted tea sandwiches and a variety of sweets served with your own choice of tea in an individual pot! All of this is only $18.95 and it worth it because you are getting so many offerings of fresh and homemade food, so you know it’s good! And the best thing is they don’t rush you here because they really want their customers to enjoy each other’s company.

I recently came here with my mother to treat her for her birthday. To start, they serve your choice of tea with two different types of scones. My mom got the Earl Grey tea because it’s her favorite and I got the Blueberry tea in season for summer. We each got two different types of scones: honey lavender and raspberry. You know they are fresh because they are still warm when they arrive to the table and they taste delicious. They taste even more delicious with the preserves and cream.

For the second course, my mom chose the salad and I chose the cup of soup. My mom enjoyed her salad because it full of fresh blackberries, cherry tomatoes and pecans. My soup was broccoli cheddar and what I loved most was the presentation of the soup because it was in a teacup!

For the third course, we both got a selection of tea sandwiches that each have their own filling, such as: a cranberry cream cheese, cucumber with sour cream and chive, roasted red pepper cream cheese and many more! They know there that my mom doesn’t like egg salad and ham so they gladly substitute the sandwiches for us.

For the final course, dessert is served of a teapot cookie, chocolate chip almond pound cake and an apricot cake. At this point you are so full, but you have to finish the treats because they are so good!
The Talking Teacup is like a second home to us. The staff is like family and dining there brings us such comfort and joy. We always feel welcome there and I think that’s why we always go back!










No comments:

Post a Comment