Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Who says you're too old for PB&J?

Elixr Coffee

Elixr Coffee is a local, coffee shop located near Rittenhouse Square. Elixr’s staff offers the expertise and knowledge of the world’s best coffee to enhance your coffee experience! The coffee is served  hand-poured which makes it nice and fresh.

I have been to Elixr Coffee numerous times for either a quick pick me up, or afternoon lunch breaks. I recently met up with my sister, Catherine for lunch. I’ve been dying to try their PB&J Sandwich there, so we met up and went.

What I love about Elixr is that they support offer local businesses within the city. That is why I wanted to try the PB&J Sandwich because it featured crunchy peanut butter from PB&Jams Philadelphia and blueberry, bourbon infused jam from Spruce Hill Preserves.

The combination of these two spreads on grilled bread was probably the best PB&J I’ve ever had! The peanut butter is hand-crafted nut butter with local ingredients such as honey and maple syrup! And the jam comes from homemade preserves which are big on flavor and fresh!

Catherine got the grilled cheese sandwich which included: gouda, sharp cheddar and tomatoes in between grilled bread. She loved the combination between the two cheeses and the freshness with the tomatoes.

You can find either the PB&Jams Philadelphia or Spruce Hill Preserves online or at local markets or shops.

Definitely go to Elixr Coffee for these two sandwiches or their amazing coffee and other menu items such as pastries and yogurt parfaits (which are all delicious if I do say so myself)!

No comments:

Post a Comment