Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Family-Friendly Happy Hour

Nomad Roman 

My family was in the city and we needed a place to go for dinner. I have a mom, dad, 28 year old sister and a 13 year old brother. My brother can be a picky eater, which 13 year old isn’t? So we have a joke in our family, that the restaurant has to be “BF” or “bubby friendly” because “bubby” is one of our nicknames for my brother, Matthew.

Families who are dining out in Philly: if you’re looking for a great restaurant with an amazing deal, dine at Nomad Roman. I know finding places in the city can be tough to bring children, but Nomad is the place to be.

Nomad Roman offers locally grown, organic produce and all natural meats. The pizza is prepared in a wood-fired brick oven and cooked right in front of your eyes. Who wouldn’t love a delicious meal like that, something with fresh with local ingredients?

The best time to go is during their happy hour which is 4:30pm-6:30pm. During this time, all pizzas are $5 and $7, which is basically half-priced and beer is $4 and wine is $5. My family was in sort of a rush because my parents and brother still had to drive home from the city because my brother had an early morning at school. The service couldn’t have been more helpful and quick.

What’s great about the pies here are that they’re personal-sized and just the right amount. Matthew is a pizza connoisseur and loves their margherita pizza, so he ordered that. Both my sister, Catherine and my dad got the Spicy Soppressata which included: Italian tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, soppressata, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, parmesan, honey and sea salt. They loved the heat from the spicy soppressata. My mom got the Pepperoni Pizza which included: Italian tomatoes, mozzarella, Applegate Farms Pepperoni, parmesan and sea salt. She loved the size and flavor of the pepperoni. I ordered the Trenton Tomato Pie which was an “upside down” pizza which included: Italian tomatoes, mozzarella, oregano, garlic, crushed red pepper, parmigiano and basil. I loved how the pizza had a little “kick” to it due to the crushed red pepper.

Five personal pizzas for only for $35! Which family of five can say that they dine out in Philly for $35? I’m telling you next time you’re in Philly, try Nomad Roman for happy hour! It’s a great and affordable place to go with family or friends! Definitely will return.




No comments:

Post a Comment