Friday, August 8, 2014

It's Peach Season All Around!

Cake and Beanstalk & Eat a Pita
August not only means that summer is coming to an end, but it also means it’s the last chance to savor nature’s sweetest fruits, peaches! I feel like everywhere I go, peaches are being featured within the item of the month.
I recently went to two of my favorite places to indulge in their delicious peach items: Cake and the Beanstalk and Eat a Pita.
Cake and the Beanstalk is my go to place for a quick pick me up of coffee or to stop in for a delicious, homemade treat! I went the other afternoon when my mom came to visit because I wanted to try their new peach cake. This slice of cake was so refreshing with the taste of fresh peaches paired with peach cream cheese frosting! My mom got a bagel with cream cheese. But when she tried the cake, we both agreed that the icing was amazing and tasted just right with the amount of cream cheese flavor!
The second day of my mom visiting, we went to one of our favorite places for lunch, Eat a Pita. My mom built her own pita of chicken curry salad, but I tried the August special which was the grilled peach salad. This salad included: grilled peaches, “all the veggies”, bleu cheese, watercress and toasted pistachios. This was honestly the best salad I have ever had! I loved the unique blend of all the ingredients and it was the perfect summer salad. What really made this salad was the bleu cheese!
August has just begun, so make sure you stop by your local spots to see their incorporation of peaches this month!
I can’t wait to go home this weekend for the Peach Festival in Peddler’s Village! If you are around in Bucks County, the Peach Festival & Sidewalk Sale is August 9th-10h from 10AM-6PM. I am looking forward to live entertainment, summer sales and fresh local peaches with homemade treats! I am also going to Manoff Market Gardens for their peaches & black berries! Blog post to follow : )

No comments:

Post a Comment