Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

Down Home Diner

There aren’t many classic diners here in Center City, Philadelphia. So when you do find one, it is a nice treat! Before my sister and I took the train home the other day, we treated ourselves to Down Home Diner, which is located right in the Reading Terminal Market!

Reading Terminal Market is one of the biggest tourist attractions here in Philly, so you know anything inside of food will be amazing! Down Home Diner offers country recipes of breakfast lunch and dinner. They are particularly known for their traditional breakfast items and most importantly...scrapple!

For my start of the day, I ordered the Bacon & Tomato Scram with Cheese and it was the most comforting meal! It was served with fruit, home-fries and a choice of breakfast meat. I got bacon of course! Everything was so delicious and fresh tasting. And the best part of it all is that you get all this food for only $6.99! That is pretty good for the city.

My sister, Catherine built her own scram with cheese and onions and got a side of cheesy grits! Catherine said it was one the best grits she’s had so far.

Visit Down Home Diner if you’re looking for a classic breakfast! There is something on the menu for everyone! I will definitely be back for the Philly Cheesesteak Scram!

No comments:

Post a Comment