Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Birthday Tradition at Mercato

Mercato

My sister, Catherine and I have made it tradition now that on our birthdays, we treat each other and indulge at one of our favorite restaurants, Mercato! Out of the entire city of Philadelphia, Mercato is my favorite Italian restaurant. It offers traditional Italian cuisine with a New Italian American Cuisine twist to it. I love the local market fresh ingredients that make the menu change daily.

For our appetizer, we got the Grilled Whole Artichoke, because it is a staple of Mercato. The leaves of the artichoke were cooked and crisp just right. A citrus aioli was served to pair with it.

One of the main reasons why I love Mercato is because they take the time to recognize their Guests and go above and beyond to make their dining experience memorable. Since it was my birthday, the pasta special of the night was sent to my sister and I compliments of the chef! The pasta special included: Cacio e Pepe which is pasta with breadcrumbs, cheese and pepper! The breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese made the dish unique and tasteful!

For Catherine’s entrée she got the Short Rib Ragu. It’s one of her favorites on the menu because she loves the homemade gnocchi and how that the meat is so tender, that you can cut it with only using your fork.
For my entrée, I got the Summer Corn Risotto which included: roasted Jersey corn, maitake mushrooms, corn veloute, pecorino romano, truffle and micro arugula. This was probably the best risotto I have ever had with the combination of the corn and truffle.

We were getting full, but there’s always room for dessert! Catherine had the blueberry sorbet, which was light and refreshing. Yet, I had the Chocolate Molten Cake served with vanilla ice-cream! It was moist with the warm chocolate and the perfect size. And to make it special, it was served with a candle on top!

So this is why Mercato is my favorite restaurant. The service and staff is exceptional. I don’t think I’ve been to a restaurant who pays close attention to detail and sincerely cares for their Guests like Mercato does. Also, the food is phenomenal! I suggest coming here on any special occasion!







No comments:

Post a Comment