Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall is Officially Here

Little Nonna’s

My mom, sister and I recently went to one of our favorite places to dine, Little Nonna’s to celebrate my sister, Catherine’s opening night of the opera, The Barber of Seville at The Academy of Music!

This restaurant is owned by the famous Marcie Turney and Valerie Safran who also own the restaurants and shops on 13th street, such as: Barbuzzo, Lolita, Open House and many more!

Little Nonna’s offers traditional, Italian-American cuisine located in Midtown Village. This restaurant seats 40 inside the restaurant and 40 in the outdoor garden, so reservations are hard to come by! I love the atmosphere of Little Nonna’s because it has an old charm to it that reminds me of being in my Italian grandmother’s home having one of her well-known Italian meals.

To start, we all shared the Antipasta which included: seasonal vegetables, Italian meats, fennel and chickpea salad, Italian olives and grilled bread. There was so much offered and it was only $17! It was definitely worth it.

For my entrée, I ordered the Rigatoni con Zucca which had fennel sausage and roasted butternut squash in a pumpkin-puree sauce. It was the perfect fall dish due to its comfort and seasonal flavors!

My mom got the Pan Seared Potato Gnocchi which included: wild & cultivated mushrooms, English peas, tarragon, leeks and baby tomatoes. My mom especially loved how the gnocchi were cooked, nice and browned. Catherine got the Eggplant Parmesan which was served with Japanese eggplant, mixed basil pesto, marinara and burrata cheese. She loved the presentation of the meal and loved the pesto!

If you’re looking for authentic, comforting Italian food, Little Nonna’s is the place to be! My family will definitely be back : )


No comments:

Post a Comment